School of French as a Foreign Language
The School of French as a Foreign Language (Ecole de français langue étrangère) is affiliated to the Faculty of Arts. It is dedicated to the teaching of French as a foreign and secondary language. It offers a number of solutions for people who wish to improve their knowledge of the French language:
- Satellite courses at various levels, which emphasise various aspects of the French language (written, oral, literary, technical, etc.). At least 2 hours/week during semesters.
- Bridging course in French in order to begin studies in one of UNIL's Faculties (one or two years, 60 ECTS/year, enrolment at the EFLE is required).
- Distance learning designed for people who wish to improve their French, from level A2 (charged): FORCAD
It also offers comprehensive degree courses allowing the student either:
- to integrate a discipline of French as a Foreign Language in a Bachelor of Arts degree in order to develop a broad and systematic expertise in French, with in-depth reflection on the language and how it is taught, or;
- to specialise solely in French as a Foreign Language while preparing for the Diploma in French as a Foreign Language.