If you want to study at a university available under an SEMP or faculty agreement, you need to apply to your faculty by 20 February at the latest (note: the deadline for applications in the School of Medicine is a few days earlier – please check the School of Medicine website). If you are not accepted, you can apply again by 15 April to study under a general agreement, but only for the spring term of the following year, provided there are still places available at one of the destinations you are interested in.
What do you need to do?
- First, we strongly recommend that you attend the information session on university exchanges that your faculty or school/section organises at the start of the academic year. Please check your faculty’s website at the beginning of the academic year and check the e-mails on your UNIL account regularly to find out more. If necessary, contact the mobility adviser in your faculty or section/school to find out the date of the session applicable to you.
- Check how much time your course allows you to spend away on an exchange. Depending on your course, the options for taking part in an exchange may vary during your bachelor’s or Master’s course.
- Identify the destination(s) you would like to consider for your exchange. Check the database of agreements UNIL has signed with its partners to work out where you would like to go. The database lists the partner universities where you can study for one or two semesters, depending on your faculty and section/school, along with some important information about them (such as any restrictions on the choice of courses, academic calendars, language requirements, application deadlines, funding, etc.).
- Study the course programmes at the universities you are considering carefully and check that they are compatible with the course you are taking at UNIL.
- Make an appointment with the mobility coordinator in your faculty or section/school for the destinations you are considering and discuss the courses you are thinking of taking there. This appointment is essential to check that the courses you are planning to take abroad will be recognised when you return.
- Make sure you start the process of taking the language proficiency tests (e.g. IELTS, TOEFL, etc.) required by some non French-speaking destinations in plenty of time.
- Complete and sign the forms below.
- Submit your full application by the deadline given in the instructions shown on the application form. Note: you must submit your application in English if you are applying for a non French-speaking destination.
Application deadline: 20 February for the following academic year (autumn and/or spring semester).
Target audience: students in the faculty or school/section covered by the agreement.
Geographical area covered: Europe.
Submit application to: the mobility coordinator in your faculty or section/school.